In the Decoseam™ process, trimmed edges of the inner layer of the web are edge welded with zero overlap. A transparent reinforcing strip is then applied on to the side seam to add the required mechanical strength. Decoseam™ is a new side seaming technology that can offer full 360° printability while still complying with all established tube performance criteria’s, including both mechanical and barrier properties! This technology developed by AISA can be proposed on selected SAESA® and BM machines equipped with DIBS (Double induction belt sealing system).
Growing demand for better decoration on tube packaging has lead to several innovations in recent years. New printing technologies available for adhesive labels now are being adopted in order to print tubes laminates.
- Greater visual impact
- Uninterrupted, 360° design integrity
- Significantly higher quality perception
- Unrestricted creative freedom
- Opens new graphics, texture and “feel” opportunities
- No significant increase in costs
- Can be implemented on multi-layer barrier structures